Competition Format: One day Tournament.
- Teams to be registered on arrival
- Matches will be 13 minutes straight through (no half time), however matches can be extended to 20 minutes at the discretion of the host club based on the number of teams entered and pitch availability.
- Unlimited substitutions
- Hooter to start and stop matches
- No winners
4th & 5th Class
- The 4th & 5th class competition will be six a side. – 6 players on the pitch at any one time.
- Each club to field one 4th & 5th class team with a goal keeper at blitzes. Clubs participating with more than 1 team do not have to play a keeper on the 2nd, 3th etc. teams.
- If a team is playing without a goalie then the last defender on that team must stay behind the 10 metre line when playing against a team with a goalie
- Eligibility; players in 4th and 5th class are eligible to play.
2nd & 3rd Class
- The 2nd & 3th class competition will be five a side. – 5 players on the pitch at any one time
- No goalies at this level
- Eligibility; players in 2nd and 3rd class are eligible to play.
- Auto Pass applies
- The game will start with a push or hit from the center of the pitch either backwards or forwards.
- Goals scored from inside the 5 meter marker only
- All players except the striker must be 5 meters from the ball at free hits and corners.
- The ball must travel at least 3 meters before a strike at goal is made from a corner.
- Ball over the side lines will be a push or hit in, when this occurs within the scoring zone the rules of a corner apply.
- Ball over the back line:
– if by a defender, the attacking team take a hit or a push 5 meters up from the corner along the side line (long corner)
– if by an attacker, the defender takes a hit or a push out 5 meters from where the ball went out. When an infringement occurs within the 5 meters of the defenders’ goal:
- – by a defender – the ball must be moved to a position 8 meters from the defenders’ goal, in line with the infringement.
– by an attacker – the ball is brought out to a position 5 meters from the goal in line with the infringement
- An attacking free hit may not be taken within 8 meters of the defenders goal line, the ball must not be played into the scoring area until it has traveled 3 meters or has been touched by another player of either team.
- Normal rules of hockey apply regarding feet, sticks etc.
- No off-side.
- Umpires decisions are absolutely final and abuse of the umpires will not be tolerated.
- Clubs are responsible for their own players at all times during the Under Age Tournaments.
- Teams must wear the same colour tops i.e. t-shirts or polo shirts
- Shin pads and gum shields are to be worn by all players
- Teams to bring their own first Aid kits
- Each team to bring their own drinks and packet lunch etc.
Players at all levels should thank their opponents and umpires at the end of every match.
- Host Club to provide umpires to help with the tournament
- Host Club to supply match balls etc.
- Pitch ¼ in size
- All pitches must have a 5 meter marker on the side line from each goal. This marker is a guide for scoring goals within and free hits out.
- See under age blitz guidelines